AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM (ACP)
ACP is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Program that provides a monthly discount on internet service for qualifying households.
If your household is eligible, you could receive:
- Up to a $30/month discount on your internet service
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Your income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Your household participates in assistance programs such as:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch or Breakfast (2019-20, 2020-21, or 2021-2022 school year)
- Federal Pell Grant (current award year)
APPLY FOR THE ACP
Visit https://acpbenefit.org/how-to-apply/ for complete details and to apply.
There are two ways to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program:
Login or create a new account to complete the ACP application online. If you apply online, you may be able to receive immediate approval.
Print an application: English Spanish (Application Instructions). It is strongly recommended to include a Household Worksheet with your application: English Spanish (Household Worksheet Instructions).
Once you have completed the Application and Household Worksheet and send them, along with copies of your proof documentation, to:
ACP Support Center
PO Box 7081
London, KY 40742
If you have a disability and need assistance with your application, contact the ACP Support Center at (877) 384-2575.
READY TO START RECEIVING YOUR ACP BENEFIT?
Once you have applied and received your approval letter, or if you wish to transfer your current ACP benefit to RURALBAND, please do not hesitate to contact us at 804-834-2424 and press “1” to speak to a RURALBAND Member Services Representative.
You will need to provide us with your approval letter and complete an Election of Broadband Provider Form.
If you are currently receiving the ACP benefit from another internet provider and would like to transfer your benefit to RURALBAND, you will need to complete a Transfer of Benefit to Provider Form.
The ACP benefit is non-transferable and limited to one monthly internet discount per household.
Please note: If the household becomes ineligible for the ACP or if the Program ends, subscribers to subject to the provider's regular rates, terms, and conditions and responsible for paying all discounts unrecovered by RURALBAND. At the Program's conclusion, the household will be subject to the provider's undiscounted general rates, terms, and conditions if the household continues to subscribe to the service.
USAC administers the Affordable Connectivity Program with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) oversight. AffordableConnectivity.Gov is an official website of the United States government.